Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reflections

While doing this weblog, there was a series of actions directed toward a specific aim. As I have been adopting this weblog to comment on media and publishing issues, I needed to find out information that was relevant to the issue I was going to talk about and some articles and other theoretical readings to support my analysis of media and publishing issues. Therefore, I am acquiring a seemingly good blogging skill as I maintain this weblog as a form of commentary on some certain issues.

As Nielsen (2005) stated that ‘weblogs are also a special genre of website; they have unique characteristics and thus distinct usability problems’, correspondingly, I had a look at the usability issues to reach and attract my readers such as ‘no author biographies, no author photo and the calendar is the only navigation’.

Blogging is such a good form of communication for me. Also, as a blogger I find motivations for blogging simply because I can post and share my thoughts, discuss and put comments on some issues. The form of a blog itself is dependant on the individual who creates it. Therefore, bloggers need to identify the role and purpose of their blog, so that their blog could possibly be the ideal tool to communicate.


References

Nielsen, J 2005, ‘Weblog usability: the top ten design mistakes’, Useit.com, viewed 13 June 2008, <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/weblogs.html>.

No comments: